Medically Fragile Students
Informational Flyer on the Medically Fragile Program
You may send in your application for the 2017-18 school year beginning July 1, 2017.
The Missouri Legislature in the budget process appropriated funds to offer free MoVIP courses to students who have been designated as medically fragile and cannot attend school due to this condition.
To be considered, a MoVIP Medically Fragile Application must be completed and mailed, or scanned and emailed to the MoVIP Office.
- Applications must be signed by both the parent and physician to be valid.
- MoVIP will screen applications and contact parents/guardians soon after applications are received.
- The medically fragile tuition is dependent upon state funding and those decisions are not made until late spring or early summer. Please check the MoVIP website for information about the medically fragile program beginning June 15th.
- Parents should not submit applications for the next school year until July 1 regardless of whether the student was in the program previously; all medically fragile parents must submit applications annually.
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE)
ATTN: Missouri Virtual Instruction Program (MoVIP)
P.O. Box 480
205 Jefferson St.
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480
Phone: (573) 751-2453
Fax: (573) 522-1134
- The medically fragile seats in MoVIP are not for temporary medical conditions (six weeks or less).
- Students who apply and are accepted into the medically fragile program are expected to participate for an entire semester.
- Students must participate in the required Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) tests and/or End-of-Course (EOC) exams as applicable. Transportation must be provided by the parent/guardian to a location specified by MoVIP. Failure to participate may disqualify the student for future MoVIP enrollments.
- If sufficient funds are not available to meet demand, priority will be given to medically fragile students who absolutely cannot attend school for medical reasons.
- Interested students who do not qualify as medically fragile may attend MoVIP by paying tuition.