The Missouri Course Access Program (MOCAP) offers virtual online courses for students statewide. Students can take an entire course from any Internet-connected computer, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
MOCAP's mission is to offer Missouri students equal access to a wide range of high quality courses, flexibility in scheduling, and interactive online learning that is neither time nor place dependent.
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and the State Board of Education oversee administration and quality assurance activities such as related content and delivery of courses.
Missouri-certified teachers facilitate MOCAP courses. MOCAP provides Missouri students with equal access to a wide range of coursework, anywhere, any time.
MOCAP allows Missouri to:
- Expand the range of courses and opportunities offered to students
- Offer courses for students where there are no qualified teachers to teach the course
- Offer students a course not offered by their school district
- Provide courses for students who have schedules that prevent them from taking a course when it is offered
- Present high quality instruction to students who are in alternative education settings or on home and hospital instruction
- Provide additional support and extended time to students who failed to achieve in regular courses
- Provides equity across programs and school in the quality of instruction MOCAP offers “any time, any place” learning for Missouri students